Friday, December 21, 2012

Unwrapping: Review of CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON by Jaye Shields

Christmas is rushing toward us and the stress is probably getting to you so might I recommend a wonderful quick read that will have you sighing into the cushions of your favorite reading spot and the stress falling away in no time.  A while back, I introduced you to a new author named Jaye Shields and her fabulous new series, the Sex Demon Trilogy which began with the novella, CONFESSIONS OF A SEX DEMON,. Well, now you can learn how Lennox ended up so angry and eager to exact revenge on the incubus, Zahra, by reading CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON by Jaye Shields.

*** This one was bought for my own reading but you know I've got to share my thoughts with you.

Blurb for CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON:

It's not easy for a sex demon to find a wife, and it's even harder when the perfect woman is already taken.

Emmerie Winter has only been married a few months, but depression has made her a fragile stranger in the arms of her husband. She knows she should love him, but she doesn't, and no matter how hard she tries, she can't convince her heart otherwise.

When a sex demon with a boyish grin and a sinful body arrives in town, Emmerie's world is turned upside down. His intense passion for life sends her depression into hiding, but her feelings for the sinful male could get her in deep trouble.

A sex demon needs climax to survive, but that's never been a problem for Reza Aniron as women seem to be unable to resist his charms…all except for one, a timid, blonde angel who treats him with complete indifference. But in her eyes he can see a fire that's just waiting to be released. And he always did love a challenge.

*** Content Warning: strong language, extramarital relations, and graphic erotic situations.


                     *                          *                        *                         *                        *

Emmerie thought she would be happy with Lennox. They'd known each other for so long. They were good friends, so why wouldn't they be happy once bonded and then eventually married, but she isn't. She doesn't know why but every day that she awakes feeling depressed, sad and lonely. Her only happiness comes from stolen moments at the lake until the day she meets a stranger - a handsome sex demon named Reza Aniron.

Reza is a sex demon, an incubus. He survives only through sexual satisfaction and he only attains that by having sex with strange women always in the hope that some day he will find the one that captures his heart and tames his need. When he sets his sights on Emmerie Winter, he cannot keep away. He knows she's married. He knows she doesn't wish his attentions but he cannot stay away. Once he gives Emmerie a taste of what real life and real sex can be, Reza risks all to be with her.

CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON by Jaye Shields is the prelude to CONFESSIONS OF A SEX DEMON and I do have to admit that I would have preferred to read this one first but I can't always have what I want but if you haven't read CONFESSIONS yet, then do read CLAIMING first and then CONFESSIONS. For those of you who have read CONFESSIONS, and I know there are quite a few of you, by all means, you will want to read CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON. Reza is the sexiest sex demon you will ever meet even as Emmerie is a meek little thing. At first, she seems undeserving of such an impassioned man but soon, she begins to awaken and it becomes obvious that she and Reza are meant for each other.

When I reviewed CONFESSIONS OF A SEX DEMON by Jaye Shields, I said that the Sex Demon Trilogy was going to rock the erotic romance genre on its ear and boy, oh boy, is it ever! CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON by Jaye Shields is slightly less paranormal and erotic than its predecessor, or continuation - which you call it, depends on which you read first - but it's erotic romance that takes romance to a new height. Yes, this sex demon comes to town and destroys a relationship but somehow it seems right. Emmerie needs passion in her life, even though she cares deeply for Lennox, and Reza is the man to give it to her - and boy, does he!

I highly recommend CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON by Jaye Shields for anyone who wants some thrill with their romance, some naughty rather than nice, and a little bit of that somethin' somethin' that you're looking for in a few steamy hours of reading. This is a quick read that will keep you glued straight to the end and if you haven't read CONFESSIONS OF A SEX DEMON, it will have you clamoring for that one immediately.

I am very eager to read the final story in the series, ADDICTIONS OF A SEX DEMON, which will be coming our way in February! Read CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON by Jaye Shields and find yourself addicted to the Sex Demon Trilogy!

Happy Reading Everyone!

CLAIMING OF A SEX DEMON, a Sex Demon Trilogy novella by Jaye Shields, Beachwalk Press, available now in ebook formats.

                                                             

4 comments:

Aimee Duffy said...

I have this on my Kindle and can't wait until I have time to read it. I loved Confessions too. Miss Shields is one talented hot mamma :)

Jaye Shields said...

Thank you, thank you, Unwrapping Romance for reviewing Claiming of a Sex Demon. You know your beautiful site is at the top of my list of blogs. It means so much to me that you took matters into your own hands and reviewed so close to my review date. Also, I am lucky enough to be one of few to read your upcoming release and I know just what a talented author you are yourself and that makes your great reviews all the sweeter!

I wrote Confessions first, and I couldn't help but want to explain why Lennox went so mad. You're right, it could definitely be read first. Probably should be read first, lol. I guess I'll let the readers decide!

Amy Valentini said...

Jaye, you know I'm a fan! I hope everyone reads both of these so that we can all be thrilled by the third. Can't wait!
I'm so glad you're enjoying Daniel's story. I was worried. xoxo

erin said...

Thanks for the awesome review! This is one of the those series that I'm dying to read. Definitely gonna slurge w/ the giftcards I know I'm gonna get from Christmas :)